The Good Shepherd

The Good Shepherd
"I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine." John 10:14

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Seek, Knock, Find

Sometimes, you just need a good reminder.
And yesterday, that's exactly what I got.

I went on another scripture chase, and this is what I learned! SHA-BAM! Starting in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah...

Mosiah 27:14
"And again, the angel said: Behold, the Lord hath HEARD the prayers of his people... therefore, for this purpose have I come to convince thee of the power and authority of God, that the PRAYERS OF HIS SERVANTS MIGHT BE ANSWERED ACCORDING TO THEIR FAITH."

The Lord answers prayers. That much is certain. I've had too many experiences when my prayers have been answered to deny that.
And though the Lord will and does answer prayers, he does it when
1. It is the right time 
2. When we are ready to accept His answer

Which led me to this particular scripture in the Old Testament...
Daniel 10:12
"Then said he unto me, FEAR NOT, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst SET thine heart to understand, and to CHASTEN THYSELF before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words."

Interesting...
I took the liberty to research the words that I highlighted:
FEAR NOT- Don't be afraid, and be happy!
SET- to seek the Lord in prayer, seek His counsel and His answers
CHASTEN- to humble yourself

Sometimes, we may feel that we aren't getting answers to our prayers.
But, perhaps it's not that Heavenly Father is not answering, but rather, he's patiently waiting for us to be READY and WILLING to accept HIS answer.
Have you ever prayed for something, or for help with something, but somewhere deep inside, you know your heart is not in the right place? How can Heavenly Father give you the answer that you need if you're not ready or willing to change?
Or perhaps, you are praying for the wrong thing. Analyze yourself. Is whatever you're praying for in line with the will of the Lord?

Heavenly Father has blessings for you, and He's just waiting to give them to you. He knows us better. He knows what we want, but even more importantly, He knows what we NEED. Have we've done all that we can to humble ourselves to receive that answer?
When we do all that we can to HUMBLE OURSELVES, and SEEK the Lord, then are we able to receive those answers that we NEED. It all starts with us.
Heavenly Father keeps His promises. He gives us answers. But He also expects us to do our part. It has always been that way.

We do our part, and we grow. He helps us, and we become even stronger. Just as a loving father here on earth would do anything for his child, our Father in Heaven loves us so much, that He helps us. He gives us strength when we are weary. He gives us peace when we are anxious. And through the Savior, we come closer to Him.

:)


Enos 1:4
"And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul..."

"So when life gets dark and dreary, don't forget to pray."
                                                                                        - Don't forget to pray Hymn 140

1 comment:

  1. Prayer can make the difference that is needed right at that moment. I have experienced this first hand. I have found what was lost and helped those in need all because of a simple prayer. This is a blessing to have. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete